How to be a Good Ally Workshop
Disability confidence starts with awareness. As disability education and advocacy experts, we have designed this new workshop to support businesses and organisations to be a good ally to the 1 in 5 Australians with disability or who are d/Deaf.
Covering topics from unconscious bias and ableism to the top issues facing disabled artists, this insightful workshop will improve your understanding of disability and provide a comfortable space to ask questions.
- Open communication – be confident in knowing the appropriate language and etiquette
- Understanding that one disabled person’s experience is one disabled person’s experience
- Learn which questions are OK to ask (and which ones aren’t really OK)
- Facilitating autonomy
- How to be proactive
- Ensuring inclusion – “Nothing about us without us”
Attendees will also be provided with useful resources to help their teams also be good allies.
Workshop Dates & Times
This workshop is 90 minutes. Prior to the session we’ll send you links to resources you can refer to before, during and after the workshop.
- $95 (+ GST + BF) per person
- 10% discount for online bookings of 3 or more!
Closed captioning and Auslan interpreting are available on request. You can request these services during the booking process. For other access requirements, please contact Nat Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org
All sessions are delivered using the Zoom online conferencing platform (Zoom links are provided following booking)
- Zoom is an easy to use, reliable and FREE cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before you can find out more here: https://zoom.us/
- After signing up for our workshop, you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to a Zoom meeting on the date of the workshop.
- On the day of the workshop, all you have to do is click on the relevant link in the invitation, follow the prompts and you’ll be part of the workshop.
Find Out More
If you have any questions or need help with making a booking, contact us at email@example.com or call on 02 9251 6499.
Image Description: Six people from culturally diverse backgrounds are in front of a concrete wall, smiling or laughing. One person is holding a sign that reads ‘Disabled and HERE’ and another person is a wheelchair user.