We’re here to empower the creativity and careers of arts practitioners with disability right across NSW. We do this by providing a range of professional development programs for both artists and arts workers.
We partner with leading artists and arts organisations to provide on-the-job opportunities for artists and arts workers with disability to improve their knowledge, skills and networks by undertaking short-term creative and professional placements.
- ArtScreen 2022 – In progress
- Next Level Creative Mentorship – In progress
- Disability and Culturally Diverse Internship Program – In progress
- ArtScreen 2021 and ArtScreen 2020
- Sound On
Artist residencies provide an important and valuable opportunity for artists with disability to develop their creative and professional practice. We partner with various cultural organisations to provide residency programs in Sydney and regional NSW.
- Bundanon Trust Artist-in-Residence – Apply Now
- 2022 Sydney Olympic Park Authority Artist-In-Residence – Residency Announced
- 2021 Sydney Olympic Park Authority Artist-In-Residence – Residency Announced
- Accessible Arts and Bundanon Trust Artist-in-Residency – Residency Announced
People with disability are underrepresented in leadership positions within the arts and cultural sector. We provide opportunities for people with disability to develop the knowledge, skills and networks they need to become creative industry leaders such artistic directors, senior arts administrators and board/committee members.
- Front & Centre – In progress
Advance Your Career Series
In 2022, we will be extending our commitment to the professional development of artists and arts workers who are d/Deaf or with disability through Advance Your Career sessions. These expert workshops will cover various practical insightful topics to support the development professional knowledge, skills and networks.
- Small Project Grants Information Session
Wednesday 27 April, 10am – 11am (AEST)
Create NSW will offer valuable insights on how to prepare competitive grant applications.
More sessions will be announced closer to the event dates.
Stay in the know and find out about the latest opportunities as they become available by signing up to receive our e-news.
Image: Visual artist Guy Morgan at the Bundanon Trust for our 2019 Bundanon Trust Artist-In-Residence program