Disability Confidence Training Workshop
Designed for arts, culture and events workers, this introductory workshop is all about helping you and your team improve how you connect with and support people with disability or who are d/Deaf.
1 in 5 Australians live with disability, making them a significant market segment for providers of arts and culture. In this workshop you’ll:
- Discover practical solutions for making your organisation disability confident
- Receive useful resources
- Learn from trainers with disability who are arts experts
- Enjoy the increased accessibility and convenience of online training
- Be able to interact with our trainers as well as other participants, so you can ask questions and share knowledge
- Come to our public workshop or book a private in-house session
- Key disability legislation and government bodies, including the Disability Discrimination Act and the Disability Inclusion Act
- Creative solutions to delivering inclusive and accessible arts and culture programs
- Identifying and mitigating access barriers
- Best practice for customer service, language and etiquette
- Inclusive communication skills and policies
Workshop Dates & Times
2022 Workshops will soon be available for booking.
Sign up to our eNews for the latest information and hear about new workshop sessions as they become available.
This workshop is 90 minutes + 30 mins pre-workshop activities. Prior to the session we’ll send you links to a video to watch and a questionnaire to complete. This will take about 30 minutes. All up, the full experience is 2 hours.
- $95 (+ GST + BF) per person
- 10% discount for online bookings of 3 or more!
Closed captioning and Auslan interpreting are available on request. Please advise of your access requirements during the registration process. For other access requirements, please contact Nat Thomas: email@example.com
“It was great to get a much better understanding of how to engage respectfully and appropriately with people with disability.”
“When it came to accessibility at our theatre, our hearts were in the right place, but now looking back – we had no idea where to start. Working with Accessible Arts and taking their Disability Confidence Training Workshop was the best possible decision we could have made. Their communication is flawless, welcoming, open, honest, warm, and SO informative. They’ve taught us invaluable things that we have now been able to pass onto our staff and helped us do our part in creating lasting change.”
“A fabulous session which has made being disability confident much more achievable! Thank you so much – really appreciate your expertise.”
Our workshops are delivered using the Zoom video conferencing platform.
- Zoom is an easy to use, reliable and FREE cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before you can find out more here: https://zoom.us/
- After signing up for our workshop, you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to a Zoom meeting on the date of the workshop. On the day of the workshop, all you have to do is click on the relevant link in the invitation, follow the prompts and you’ll be part of the workshop.
If you have any questions about participating, contact Nat Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Out More
If you have any questions or need help with making a booking, contact us at email@example.com or call on 02 9251 6499.
Have a listen to our Arts Development and Training Manager Liz Martin discuss our Disability Confidence Training Workshop on radio with Visions Australia on Youtube
Image Description: Two people stand back to back smiling at the camera with their arms folded.