Accessible Festivals and Events
Access the full potential of your festivals and events.
Designed for Festival and Event Organisers, this course outlines achievable and effective ways to help ensure your team is prepared and confident to cater for everyone – including the 1 in 5 Australians living with disability.
Covering everything from planning and programming to ticketing and front of house, this workshop has been designed by arts experts and festival-goers with lived experience of disability.
In 90 minutes, you’ll learn about how to implement proven solutions so you can confidently plan an accessible event that can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Choosing a Venue
- Designing Access Maps and Guides
- Assessing Spaces through Disability-Led Consultation
- Programming Artists with Disability
- Accessible Marketing and Promotions
- Signage and Collateral
You’ll also be provided with a useful checklist to help you and your team cover all areas of access.
Workshop Dates & Times
- Wed 19 Oct at 10am
This workshop is 90 minutes. Prior to the session we’ll send you links to resources you can refer to before, during and after the workshop.
- $95 (+ GST + BF) per person
- 10% discount for online bookings of 3 or more! Discount applies automatically when you select Group Tickets when booking online.
Closed captioning and Auslan interpreting are available on request. You can request these services during the booking process. Please note that we require at least 4 working days notice.
For other access requirements, please contact Nat Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org
All sessions are delivered using the Zoom online conferencing platform (Zoom links are provided following booking)
- Zoom is an easy to use, reliable and FREE cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before you can find out more here: https://zoom.us/
- After signing up for our workshop, you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to a Zoom meeting on the date of the workshop.
- On the day of the workshop, all you have to do is click on the relevant link in the invitation, follow the prompts and you’ll be part of the workshop.
Find Out More
If you have any questions or need help with making a booking, contact us at email@example.com or call on 02 9251 6499.
Image Description: A wheelchair user is at a festival being held up by a large crowd. He is raising his arms in the air and cheering.