Accessible Festivals and Events
We’ve recently updated this popular course to help you access the full potential of your festivals and events.
Designed for Festival and Event Organisers, this training outlines achievable and effective ways to help ensure your team is prepared and confident to cater for everyone – including the 1 in 5 Australians with disability. Covering everything from planning and programming to ticketing and inclusive recruitment, this workshop has been designed by arts experts and festival-goers with lived experience of disability.
In 90 minutes, you’ll learn about how to implement proven solutions so you can confidently plan an accessible event that can be enjoyed by everyone. This updated course covers:
- Artists, musicians, actors, writers, creatives
- Staff and contractors
A range of access solutions including:
- Disability representation
- Hidden disability
- Information formatting
- Physical access
- Lighting, Sound and Audio
- Indoor air quality
- Accessible services
- Information prior to the event, including visual stories
- Content warnings
- Accessible programming
- Online and hybrid events
You’ll also be provided with a useful checklist to help you and your team cover all areas of access.
Workshop Dates and Times
- Wednesday 15 November: 10am – 11.30am (AEST)
Click here to book
This workshop is 90 minutes. Prior to the session we’ll send you links to resources you can refer to before, during and after the workshop.
- $99 (+ GST + BF) per person
- 10% discount for online bookings of 3 or more! Discount applies automatically when you select Group Tickets when booking online.
Closed captioning and Auslan interpreting are available on request. You can request these services during the booking process. Please note that we require at least 4 working days notice.
For other access requirements, please contact Nat Thomas: email@example.com
All sessions are delivered using the Zoom online conferencing platform (Zoom links are provided following booking)
- Zoom is an easy to use, reliable and FREE cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before you can find out more here: https://zoom.us/
- After signing up for our workshop, you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to a Zoom meeting on the date of the workshop.
- On the day of the workshop, all you have to do is click on the relevant link in the invitation, follow the prompts and you’ll be part of the workshop.
Find Out More
If you have any questions or need help with making a booking, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02 9251 6499.
Image Description: A wheelchair user is at a festival being held up by a large crowd. He is raising his arms in the air and cheering.