We’re Hiring a Project Coordinator
We’re currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator to assist with the delivery of our ArtScreen 2022 and Front & Centre initiatives for artists with disability.
About Accessible Arts
We’re the peak arts and disability organisation for NSW. We advance the rights of, and opportunities for, people with disability and/or who are Deaf to develop and sustain professional careers in the arts and have equitable access to arts and culture across NSW.
About The Position
The Project Coordinator role will work across the organisation to assist with general project related duties for numerous projects that the organisation is undertaking. The Project Officer will undertake:
- Coordination and delivery of the ArtScreen 2022 video initiative for artists with disability. This will involve: liaising with participating artists, mentors and project partners; monitoring the production and delivery of artworks; and assisting with the screening of artworks.
- Coordination of the ArtScreen 2022 launch event at the MCA. This will involve coordinating catering, invitations, marketing and access requirements for the opening screening event of ArtScreen on Friday 2 December at the MCA
- Coordination and delivery of Front & Centre – a career coaching and professional development program for women and non-binary people with disability working in the arts, create and cultural sectors across NSW, the ACT and Victoria. This work will include coordinating group sessions, ensuring access, liaising with participants, mentors, alumni, and project partner Judith Bowtell of Albany Lane, as well as completing reporting documentation including Activity Workplans.
- Other duties as required.
Tasks will evolve over time, to suit the work priorities and needs of Accessible Arts at certain periods throughout the year.
This is a fixed term contract offering flexible working arrangements up to 15 hours per week from 1 July 2022 until 31 December 2022. Salary is pro-rata from a base of $78,000 pa (plus superannuation).
This position reports to the Arts Development Manager.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organising, attending and participating in meetings, including documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met and project deliverables are delivered.
- Providing administrative support as required.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assessing project risks and issues and providing solutions where applicable.
- Chairing and facilitating meetings where appropriate and distributing updates to all relevant project team members and partners.
- Offering a high level of support to project participants and partners
- Previous experience in delivering/managing art and/or cultural projects.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Identify as someone with lived experience of disability or who is d/Deaf
- Previous experience and/or understanding of the disability sector
- Please apply with a CV and a covering letter addressing your suitability for the position. Please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternative application formats – such as video formats – will be accepted.
- Applications close: Monday 13 June 2022 at 5pm.
Project Coordinator Position Description: Word | PDF
For more information or to discuss other application formats please contact:
Marika Perrow | Arts Development Manager | email@example.com
Image description: White text on a pink background reads: We’re Hiring Project Coordinator. The Accessible Arts logo appears underneath.