Seeking Marketing & Development Manager
We’re currently recruiting for a Marketing & Development Manager to help us expand our audiences, raise our profile, grow our business and support our sustainability.
This is the perfect job for a creative all-rounder with a marketing, comms and development background who wants a meaningful for-purpose role in the arts and culture sector.
About Accessible Arts
Accessible Arts (AArts) is the peak arts and disability organisation for NSW. We advance the rights of, and opportunities for, people with disability and/or who are Deaf to develop and sustain professional careers in the arts and have equitable access to arts and culture across NSW. www.aarts.net.au
About The Position
The Marketing & Development Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the marketing, communications and development functions of AArts.
- Contract position offering flexible working arrangements up to 30 hours per week.
- An attractive salary will be offered commensurate with experience and industry standards.
- This position reports to the CEO.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to represent the organisation at external events and attend AArts events.
The Marketing & Development Manager will:
- Collaborate with the CEO and the Arts Development & Training Manager to market, promote and diversify audiences for our core program of activity including: ATAG, In Conversation, Arts Activated Conference, Bundanon Residency Program and Training & Consulting.
- Manage and maintain AArts owned channels (website, social, database, print); optimising their effectiveness as key resources for the promotion of AArts activity; ensuring channels are delivered and demonstrate best practise accessibility (such as Plain English and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, screen readability), innovating the organisation’s approach where possible; researching and expanding new channels for promotion and to raise greater awareness of the organisation and its purpose.
- Develop collateral and content as required to support all outcomes and manage the creation and production of other organisational collateral, such as the Annual Report, media releases, newsletter’s, EDM’s, etc.
- Manage, assess, review and provide analysis of AArts CRM, using data to assess the effectiveness of campaigns and promotional channels.
- Work with the CEO to identify, develop and nurture partnership opportunities with arts and/or disability organisations, philanthropic funders and government to secure funding support for the core activities of the operation and to support the delivery of the AArts Strategic Plan.
- Oversee production of key AArts events such as the biennial Arts Activated conference, project launches and networking functions.
- Work with the CEO to respond to board requests to explore new business models for the sustainability of the organisation.
- Develop, implement, and assess fundraising opportunities to that support the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Manage the grants calendar and work with the Arts Development & Training Manager and CEO to identify priority areas of need within the sector and develop project ideas that meet those needs.
- Manage AArts’ process and system for grant application, management and acquittal.
- Manage and service the donor database and explore new opportunities for donor growth and engagement.
- Present regular reports on strategic outcomes and activities and contribute to organisation planning and strategy.
- Report on Marketing and Development activity including analysis of return on investment.
- Other duties as required.
Key Priorities 2021/2022
- TRAINING PROGRAMS: Raise the profile of AArts Training Program, and drive increased paid participation. Review and explore new opportunities to market and promote both general and bespoke training offers. Work with the Arts Development & Training Manager and the CEO to set agreed targets for 2021 and 2022.
- CONSUL TING: Devise and implement strategies for the ongoing promotion of consultancy services. Explore new ways to grow our core client base and/or research opportunities for partnerships with arts organisations, cuotural providers or government agencies that will expand our client base.
- DEVELOPMENT: devise and implement strategies for increasing income derived from philanthropy; working to ensure that the organisation strengthens its relationships with government and funders, philanthropic trusts, foundations, business, individual donors and other relevant stakeholders.
- CONFERENCE: In consultation with the CEO and the Arts Development & Training Manager, develop a business plan for the delivery of the event including a partnership, sponsorship and funding timetable for the 2023 conference.
- ADVOCACY: Work with the CEO and the Arts Training & Development Manager to devise and implement strategies for further developing AArts role as the primary NSW advocacy body for the sector.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an arts, disability or not-for-profit organisation.
- Significant experience in the development and implementation of communications strategies, marketing plans and associated activities as well as the ability to write and edit copy for a range of communication purposes.
- Significant experience in the development, management and delivery of digital content, including the ability to manage a range of websites, social media channels and digital marketing platforms and experience in developing campaigns and engagement activities using digital content and social media.
- Significant experience in organisational development – including securing financial support from partners, securing/acquitting grants and running fundraising initiatives – as well as stakeholder relationship development and management, preferably with arts, disability, government, community, corporate and/or philanthropic organisations.
- Ability to develop, deliver and manage multiple projects while developing and maintaining effective partnerships with stakeholders, including ability to liaise effectively and sensitively with a diverse community.
- Self-motivated, detail orientated and demonstrated capacity to work. autonomously and as part of small team with highly developed communication skills, including excellent interpersonal problem solving and negotiation skills, and a collaborative management style.
- Lived experience of disability.
- Knowledge and understanding of the arts and disability sector and accessible formats of communications (e.g. audio description, alt text, video captioning etc).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Canva, WordPress, Linked In and Zoho CRM.
- Please apply with a CV and a covering letter addressing your suitability for the position. Please email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternative application formats – such as video formats – will be accepted.
- Accessible Arts values and promotes diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourages people with disability, First Nations people and people of diverse cultural backgrounds, sexualities and gender identities to apply.
- Applications close: 9am on Monday 28 June 2021.
Marketing & Development Manager Position Description: PDF | Word
For more information or to discuss other application formats please contact: Morwenna Collett | Interim CEO | email@example.com