We’re currently seeking a new Chair of the Finance, Audit and Risk Sub-Committee (Treasurer) to join the Accessible Arts’ volunteer board as a Non-Executive Director.
- Location: Sydney
- Meetings: Approximately bi-monthly in Sydney (via Zoom and/or in-person)
- Area of Expertise: Finance/accounting
- Organisation type: Not-For-Profit
- Remuneration: Volunteer (no expenses paid)
- Applications close: 26 September 2023 at 5pm
Accessible Arts is the NSW peak arts and disability service organisation whose mission is to advance the rights of, and opportunities for, people with disability or who are Deaf, to develop and sustain professional careers in the arts and have equitable access to arts and culture across NSW. The company receives multi-year funding from Create NSW and a range of other government and philanthropic support.
Due to the retirement of a director, Accessible Arts is seeking a qualified Chair of the Finance, Audit and Risk Sub-Committee (Treasurer) with appropriate skills to join our team. The current board includes directors with a wide range of skills, including a number of practising artists and people with disability. It has a small, dedicated staff based at The Arts Exchange in The Rocks (currently working at least part of the time from home). The board leads the company’s strategic and operational planning.
Accessible Arts is a registered charity with DGR status. We particularly encourage people with lived experience of disability or who are d/Deaf to apply.
Treasurer Info Pack
- Position Description
- Accessible Arts Board Charter
- Accessible Arts Operational Summary
- CPA or equivalent qualifications or experience such as an accounting, treasury or financial background.
- A willingness to participate actively in the development of Accessible Arts, including attending scheduled meetings and events .
- An understanding of, and willingness to fulfil, the duties outlined in the Role Statement.
- Willingness and ability to support staff in preparing financial reports for the Board and the FARS committee, as well as providing support to management in the budget preparation process.
- AICD qualifications (or equivalent)
- Lived experience of disability
- Knowledge and experience in the arts and/or not-for-profit sector
How To Apply
Applications close: Tuesday 26 September 2023 at 5pm
Please send your written application and CV, along with a response to the selection criteria, to:
- Liz Martin, CEO
Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to follow Accessible Arts’ recruitment policy, which includes an interview process (possibly to be held via Zoom) and attending at least one board meeting as an observer (also via Zoom or in-person). The company’s policy can be provided on request.
For further information please contact Liz Martin, CEO, on email@example.com
Image: Several raised hands on a blue background below the words SEEKING VOLUNTEER TREASURER.