Seeking ArtScreen 2021 Project Coordinator
We’re currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator to assist with the delivery of our ArtScreen 2021 video art initiative for artists with disability.
About Accessible Arts
We’re the peak arts and disability organisation for NSW. We advance the rights of, and opportunities for, people with disability and/or who are Deaf to develop and sustain professional careers in the arts and have equitable access to arts and culture across NSW.
About The Position
The ArtScreen 2021 Project Co-ordinator will assist with delivering the ArtScreen 2021 video initiative for artists with disability. This will involve
- Co-ordinating the submission and assessment process for the initiative
- Liaising with participating artists, mentors and project partners
- Monitoring the production and delivery of artworks
- Assisting with the screening of artworks at the Museum of Contemporary Art in December 2021.
This is a fixed term contract offering flexible working arrangements up to 10 hours per week from mid January to mid December 2021. Salary pro-rata of $65,000 (inclusive of super).
This position reports to Accessible Arts’ Arts Development & Training Manager.
Launching in December 2020, ArtScreen 2021 is a new production initiative for artists and filmmakers with disability which aims to create compelling new video artworks which will premiere at Sydney’s Museum of Contemporary Art in 2021 and potentially screen on innovative video art streaming service Prototype. The artists will be mentored by experienced video art practitioners. https://aarts.net.au/news/artscreen-2021-launch/
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organising, attending and participating in meetings with ArtScreen artists, mentors and project partners.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met and project deliverables are delivered.
- Determining project changes.
- Providing administrative support as required.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assessing project risks and issues and providing solutions where applicable.
- Chairing and facilitating meetings where appropriate and distributing updates to all relevant project team members and partners.
- Must identify as d/Deaf and/or living with disability.
- Previous experience in delivering/managing art and/or cultural projects.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Please apply with a CV and a covering letter addressing your suitability for the position. Please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
- Alternative application formats – such as video formats – will be accepted.
- Applications close: 5pm on Monday 14 December 2020.
ArtScreen 2021 Project Coordinator Position Description: PDF | Word
For more information or to discuss other application formats please contact:
Liz Martin | AArts Arts Development & Training Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org