The 2023 Next Level Creative Mentorship Program will provide six (6) artists with access to a mentorship within a leading performing arts organisation and $3000 in project funding to develop an innovative new project. Writers, musicians, dancers, choreographers, actors, directors and/or producers with disability or who are d/Deaf from NSW are invited to apply.
Mentorships will take place within one of our Partnering Organisations (listed below) and will result in the opportunity to pitch your idea to relevant companies, venues, artistic directors and/or producers. This is a hybrid program with both professional and project development outcomes. The program will involve facilitated sessions with a mentor and self-directed tasks.
Over a period of three months, a mentor will work with you to:
- Assess your idea
- Develop your idea into a concept brief
- Provide advice on drafting a detailed project outline based on the concept brief
- Assist with securing pitch meetings with relevant companies, venues, artistic directors and/or producers
The successful applicants will receive up to 20 hours of one-to-one support from a selected staff member within our Partnering Organisations. This will include support to develop a concept brief and facilitating networking opportunities and pitch meetings.
The Next Level Creative Mentorship Program will be undertaken and completed between May and August 2023.
Next Level is supported by grants from the NSW Government through Create NSW and in-kind contributions from Accessible Arts and the following Partnering Organisations:
- Merrigong Theatre Company
- Musica Viva
- Northern Rivers Performing Arts (NORPA)
- Penrith Performing and Visual Arts
- Sydney Dance Company
- Sydney Opera House
Applicants will need to provide information on their access requirements via the application form. The Partnering Organisations will be provided with customised Disability Confidence Training facilitated by Accessible Arts. Both the interns and host organisations will receive support from Accessible Arts throughout the duration of the mentorship program.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must identify as being d/Deaf or a person with disability
- Applicants may be an emerging, mid-career or professional writer, actor, musician, dancer, choreographer, director and/or producer
- Applicants must reside in NSW
- Applicants must have previous experience at any level in the arts sector
Applications have now closed
Applications will be reviewed by a panel of Accessible Arts staff, including people with disability, and assessed by staff from the partnering organisations. Shortlisted applicants may be asked to interview before final selection of the mentees are made. Interviews will be facilitated by Accessible Arts with staff from partnering organisations also in attendance. All applicants will be notified of the results by the end of April 2023.
Image Description: Multi-coloured block text reads: Next Level. Underneath white text reads: Next Level Creative Mentorship.