New Workshop To Help Arts Orgs Deliver Access For Online Events
Helping arts and cultural organisations deliver online events which address the access requirements of people with disability is the focus of our new online training workshop.
Developed with the support of the Australia Council For The Arts, Delivering Accessible Online Events is a 1.5 hour online workshop designed to help arts and cultural organisations improve the accessibility and inclusiveness of online performances, exhibitions, rehearsals and creative developments as well webinars, online panel discussions, online meetings and social media
Delivered by trainers who are arts experts and who live with disability, workshop participants will learn about:
- How to create an inclusive online space using various platforms
- What to do before, during and after an online event to maximise accessibility
- Online etiquette for accessible sound and visual content
- Best tech solutions and ‘quick fixes’ for captioning, Auslan interpretation and audio description
- Informative case studies from artists and arts organisations across a range of art forms
Each workshop has captioning and Auslan interpreters. And there’s a special 2-for-1 introductory offer so you can bring a friend for FREE!
Workshops are scheduled for:
- Wednesday 2 September | 11am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday 7 October | 11am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday 4 November | 11am – 12:30pm
- Wednesday 2 December | 11am – 12:30pm
Accessible Arts CEO Kerry Comerford: “With so much of our lives having moved online, arts companies, cultural venues and other creative industry organisations are now delivering much more of their activities using online and digital channels.
“It’s a huge shift and arts workers need to upskill so their online programming, content and services can be accessed and enjoyed by the 1 in 5 Australians who live with disability, a significant market segment for providers of arts and culture.
“Our new Delivering Accessible Online Events provides a really valuable overview of simple and cost-effective ways to approach accessibility and inclusiveness in the online space. And our 2-for-1 offer provides a very economical way for arts organisations to upskill multiple team members.”
BOOK NOW: https://www.aarts.net.au/delivering-accessible-online-events/
Contact: Michael Badorrek | Marketing Manager | +61 0431 594 007 | email@example.com