The National Arts and Disability Strategy is being renewed. The Department of Communications and the Arts wants to hear about your experiences in the sector, and how you think the participation of people with disability in the arts, screen and culture sector can be increased.
How can I have my say on the National Arts and Disability Strategy?
- Complete an online survey
- Provide a written, verbal or recorded submission
- Attend a consultation meeting
Click here for these opportunities, and there are more details on the consultation meetings below.
Is everyone welcome?
Yes, everyone can have their say. It’s important to hear the views of as many people and organisations as possible, including:
- Artists, arts and cultural workers and screen practitioners with disability
- People with disability who are audience members at venues and events, at home or online or who participate in creative or cultural workshops or recreational arts, screen or cultural activities
- Creative, cultural and screen organisations
- People with disability who want to participate in arts, screen or cultural activities
- Anyone else who has ideas on how to improve access to and participation in creative and cultural activities by people with disability
As well as looking at how to increase participation, you can share your views on ways to:
- Support the practice, professional development, networks and employment of practitioners with disability
- Build audiences for the work of artists and screen practitioners with disability
- Promote and celebrate the diversity of artists, arts and cultural workers and screen practitioners with disability
What are the consultation meeting details?
Date: Monday 5 November 2018
Times: 10 am – 1 pm or 2 pm – 5 pm
Place: Australia Council for the Arts, 372 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills (Sydney CBD)
Date: Tuesday 6 November 2018
Time: 10 am – 1 pm
Place: Campbelltown Arts Centre, 1 Art Gallery Road, Campbelltown
Date: Wednesday 7 November 2018
Time: 11 am – 2 pm
Place: Lismore Regional Gallery, 11 Rural Street, Lismore
Date: Thursday 8 November 2018
Time: 10 am – 1 pm
Place: Riverside Theatres, corner Church and Market Streets, Parramatta
The consultation meetings will be run by an independent facilitator, DiverseWerks. If you’d like to attend a consultation meeting, please email DiverseWerks at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 555 029. You can let DiverseWerks know about any access requirements you have.
What is the deadline?
Submissions for the National Arts and Disability Strategy close Monday 3 December 2018 at 5pm (AEST).
This page was first published on 17 October 2018.
Emily Crockford, Studio A, in front of her collaborative work with Rosie Deacon in the Cement Fondu Project Space, 2018, photograph by Document Photography