Disability and Access Trainer – Casual Position
Join the Accessible Arts Team! We’re currently recruiting for a Disability and Access Trainer.
This casual position is responsible for delivering a range of training workshops surrounding disability and access. Workshops are both public and private and target all individuals and organisations that operate within the arts sector. Trainers can deliver our sessions online through Zoom or in person at the Accessible Arts office in The Rocks.
The workshops we deliver include:
- Disability Confidence Training
- Being Accessible Online
- Accessible Marketing and Communications
- Accessible Exhibition Design
- Accessible Festivals and Events
To support the delivery of this training we are looking for a casual trainer to facilitate and present these workshops. The position requires a personality that is confident with group settings and public speaking. The role is casual and hours will depend on the training demand.
- Deliver Accessible Arts’ training workshops to the arts and culture sector
- Contribute to course content and course development
- Provide training in alternative formats if necessary to enable people with disability to participate in the training
- Collect participant feedback and contribute towards the evaluation of the effectiveness of the training resources
- Promote a positive image of Accessible Arts
- Act in a professional manner and maintain a positive working relationship with organisations and individuals
To be considered for this opportunity you must meet the following criteria:
- An understanding of inclusive and accessible practice
- Demonstrated awareness and understanding of adult education principles
- Experience in delivering training programs/workshops
- An ability to confidently appraise an organisation’s policies and practice in relation to access for people with disability
The following criteria is considered desirable for this role:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or teaching qualifications
- Experience in delivering training programs/workshops to adults
- Lived experience of disability
- Experience working in one or more artforms
Please provide a covering letter specifically responding to the selection criteria along with a copy of your CV, including the contact details of two referees. Alternative application formats – such as video formats – will be accepted. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessible Arts values and promotes diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourages people with disability, First Nations people and people of diverse cultural backgrounds, sexualities and gender identities to apply.
Applications close 9am Thurs 9 Dec 2021
For more information please contact Marika Perrow, Arts Development Manager, at email@example.com