Being Accessible Online Workshop
With so much of our lives having moved online, arts companies, cultural venues, event producers and other creative industry organisations are now delivering much more of their activities using online and digital channels. It’s a huge shift and we all need to upskill so online content and services can be accessed and enjoyed by the 1 in 5 Australians who live with disability of who are d/Deaf, a significant market segment for providers of arts, culture and events.
With the support of the Australia Council For The Arts, this new online workshop has been developed to specially address the needs of arts and cultural organisations so they can improve the accessibility and inclusiveness of their relevant online activities.
- Discover practical solutions and ‘easy wins’ for delivering accessible:
- Online performances
- Online exhibitions
- Online rehearsals and creative developments
- Panel discussions
- Online meetings
- Social media
- Receive useful resources
- Learn from trainers with disability who are arts and culture experts
- Attend our standard workshop or book a bespoke private session
- How to create an inclusive online space using various platforms
- What to do before, during and after an online event to maximise accessibility
- Online etiquette for accessible sound and visual content
- Best tech solutions and ‘quick fixes’ for captioning, Auslan interpretation and audio description
- Informative case studies from artists and arts organisations across a range of art forms
Workshop Dates & Times
This workshop is 90 minutes. Prior to the session we’ll send you links to resources you can refer to before, during and after the workshop.
- Wednesday 2 June 2021 | 10am – 11:30am | BOOK NOW: https://aartsdaoewkshop2june2021.eventbrite.com.au
- Wednesday 18 August 2021 | 10am – 11:30am | BOOK NOW: https://aartsdaoewkshop4aug2021.eventbrite.com.au
- $95 (+ GST + BF) per person
- 10% discount for online bookings of 3 or more!
All sessions are delivered using the Zoom online conferencing platform (Zoom links are provided following booking)
- Zoom is an easy to use, reliable and FREE cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops and telephones.
- If you haven’t used Zoom before you can find out more here: https://zoom.us/
- After signing up for our workshop, you’ll receive an email from us inviting you to a Zoom meeting on the date of the workshop.
- On the day of the workshop, all you have to do is click on the relevant link in the invitation, follow the prompts and you’ll be part of the workshop.
Closed captioning and Auslan interpreting are available on request. You can request these services during the booking process. For other access requirements, please contact Liz Martin: email@example.com
We can design, create and deliver private in-house training for your organisation at any time. The workshop can be conducted online, at a venue of your choice in Sydney or regionally, or at our offices at The Rocks in Sydney. Get in touch and we’ll get you sorted.
Why Choose Us
- Arts Specific: We’re experts in arts, culture and disability with over 33 years of experience in helping organisations improve their accessibility, so we understand the challenges and opportunities which arts organisations encounter.
- Disability Led: Our trainers have lived experience of disability which provides an authentic edge that makes a world of difference.
- Cost Effective: We understand the budget constraints under which many arts organisations operate, so we ensure our prices are the most competitive in the market.
Who We Work With
Our workshops are suitable for:
- Arts and cultural organisations
- Festivals and venues
- Event producers
- Not-for-profit and government agencies
Every year we train up 1000 people from big organisations and venues right through to local government teams and small independent operators. Our training clients include:
- Sydney Opera House | Art Gallery of NSW | Blacktown Arts Centre | Musica Viva
- Sydney Film Festival | Sydney Festival | Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences
- Museum of Contemporary Art | Biennale of Sydney | City of Sydney | Inner West Council | Georges River Council
Below are some testimonials from our general workshop participants:
- “The training was engaging and helped our company learn more ways to improve and expand accessibility, both within our team and with what our festival offers to the community.”
- “I love that the training is done by people with disability. The first-person perspective is invaluable.”
- “A fabulous session which has made being disability confident much more achievable! Thank you so much – really appreciate your expertise.”
- “Thank you for providing this session. I am determined now to make some important changes within my organisation.”
- “The training really opened our eyes to how we can improve in areas we didn’t even realise needed improving. Thank you!”
- “It was great to get a much better understanding of how to engage respectfully and appropriately with people with disability.”
Find Out More
If you have any questions or need help with making a booking, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02 9251 6499.
Image: Workshop promotional image (credit: Michael Badorrek)