Activated Arts Program/Podcast
Get turned on to a different kind of creativity!
Activated Arts is a 2RPH Radio show and podcast – produced in association with Accessible Arts – that explores and showcases the unconventional talent and distinctive work of professional arts practitioners with disability.
Join presenter Anthea Williams (pictured above) and outstanding artists and arts workers from right across the creative spectrum for entertaining, enlightening and provocative discussions about art, culture and disability. Each program looks at a specific topic, bringing in guests to unpack that topic in creative and surprising ways, while discussing their work and arts practices. The program also includes a round-up of relevant news and events.
So switch on and transform your understanding of art, culture and creativity.
When & Where
- Every Friday fortnight (starting from Oct 9 2020)
- 2:30pm – 3pm
- 2RPH (Sydney: 1224AM or 100.5FM | Newcastle/Lower Hunter: 100.5FM)
The Activated Arts podcast is available on all major platforms (see below) on the first Friday of every month as well as the 2RPH website (www.2rph.org.au):
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/activated-arts-on-2rph/id1534660647
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2FjdGl2YXRlZGFydHMycnBoL2ZlZWQueG1s
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6cpwWzZt5ESHnE4jjdPWI5?si=xURFZfLPShikQFPcgHqgaA
- Tune IN/Alexa: https://tunein.com/podcasts/Arts–Culture-Podcasts/Activated-Arts-on-2RPH-p1372773/
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/activated-arts-on-2rph-2rph-SQNLUd9BYRo/?fbclid=IwAR0xk31R2U6NjQEyqSSXNQXkHC5U6ovVd8RjvHndwPZ_I_YGvOrqJMLbBYM
Activated Arts #3 (Dec 2020)
- Embracing Disability | Anthea talks with Asphyxia, writer of the remarkable novel Future Girl, and Sarah-Vyne Vassallo, choreographer, director and Artistic Director of Integrated Performance Company Murmuration. They discuss how their work and practice changed when they embraced Auslan or living with disability.
- Asphyxia, Writer, Visual Artist, Circus Performer and Musician | https://helloasphyxia.wordpress.com
- Sarah-Vyne Vassallo, Choreographer, Director, Performer and Consultant | http://www.sarahvynevassallo.com/
- In the what’s on Anthea and Liz discuss brilliant films that cast people with disability currently.
- The Re-Frame short films on ABC Iview | https://iview.abc.net.au/show/re-frame
- International Day of People with Disability Film Festival | https://www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/explore/whats-on/events-in-detail/international-day-of-people-with-disability
Activated Arts #2 (Nov 2020)
- Writing The Self | Anthea talks with writers Fiona Wright and Anna Jacobson about their work and how their writing has helped them and those around them understand complex disability.
- Download Transcript: Activated Arts Transcript Episode 2
- Fiona is a Poet and Essayist | https://www.fionawright.net/
- Anna Jacobson is a polymath – a writer, visual and video artist | https://www.annajacobson.com.au/
- In the What’s On Anthea and Liz discuss Deluge and Ingress
- Deluge is an online collaboration between artists from Australia, Hong Kong and the UK | https://disabilityarts.online/events/disability-arts-online-presents-artist-presentation-11-deluge-2020-international-digital-live-art-sound-performance-online/
- Ingress is Jeremy Hawkes solo exhibition at the Lismore Regional Gallery, Nov 28 – Jan 10 | https://lismoregallery.org/cp_themes/default/page.asp?p=DOC-PVX-34-2800#.X5exAogzZPZ
Activated Arts #1 (Oct 2020)
- Pandemic | Anthea talks with Anna Barnes and Esther Hannaford, Lead-Writer and Actor from ABC series Retrograde, and Allison Reynolds, Paul Calcott and Jeffery Wood Visual Artists working on the radically accessible 2020 Exhibition about creating arts and entertainment in reaction to the pandemic.
- Download Transcript: Oct9 Activated Arts Full Show Transcript
- Retrograde| https://iview.abc.net.au/show/retrograde
- 2020 | Live from 22 October | www.2020exhibition.arts
- Archibald | https://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au/exhibitions/archibald-wynne-sulman-prizes-2020/
- Down the Line | https://www.artsaccess.com.au/events/down-the-line/
Image: Activated Arts producer and presenter Anthea Williams (Credit: Brett Broadman)